This is the end of one of the largest shopping seasons of the year. After holiday shopping and all of the returns, there are now a number of ways that companies continue to encourage us to spend. From the pet food packaging for dogs that encourage us to buy the more expensive brand to the medical marijuana bags that advertise where you have made your latest purchase, there are many ways that the best marketing times can encourage us to spend even after the end of the holiday shopping season.
Custom packaging plays an important role in many of the purchases that we make. Companies know, of course, that the latest research indicates that businesses that pay close attention to packaging have reported a 30% increase in consumer interest. So matter what you are trying to sell, you can actually get the products that you want sold even when people are not really in the buying mood. With the use of the best and latest marketing tools you can get the results you need to make any day of the year a better day of sales. Consider some of these facts and figures about the role that marketing plays in the purchases that people make and the impact these purchases have on the nation’s economy:
- 61% of Americans indicate that they think the use of marijuana should be legalized, reflecting a steady increase over the past decade, according to a 2017 Pew Research Center survey. As more and more states legalize these products, it makes sense that this will be a new marketing area that many will explore.
- A total of $69.51 billion was spent on pets in the U.S. in 2017. With this kind of money on the line, it should come as no surprise that there is a good deal of money invested in the marketing designs on all pet products.
- 85% of shoppers indicate that their purchase decisions are informed by reading a product package while shopping.
- 66% of consumers have tried a new product because the packaging caught their eye, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study.
- 26% of respondents said that the packaging of a product is extremely important to their overall satisfaction, according to the same West Rock report.
From medical marijuana bags to custom candy bags for specific holidays, there are a number of marketing techniques that can make any business be more successful in the number of products that they sell.