From corporate theme nights to fundraising events, a party can be the highlight of the social calendar — if done right. But planning a party can be a stressful affair, especially when you are unsure of how to bring it all together for a varied and unique experience. If you are looking for party planning ideas to make your event the talk of the town, look no further.
Choosing a theme is the first step in planning the perfect party. The theme creates the framework for the night and guides guests in what to expect. It also provides you with a plethora of options for invitation, decor, food and entertainment. The trick for a great party, whether it is fundraiser, a creative corporate event or a milestone family event, is attention to detail. If you choose a theme, you need to follow it through in all aspects of the event, from the decor to the food to the entertainment.
A casino night party, for example, holds a host of possibilities. With more than 1,500 casinos across the U.S, it is clear that gaming holds a particular appeal. Every year, almost 37 million people visit Las Vegas, the casino capital of the U.S, and more than 10 million people play poker in a casino every year. While Las Vegas might be out of reach for such events, the excitement and fun need not be. Recreating a casino vibe in any venue is possible with some planning – and perhaps a bit of help from a professional or two.
Here are some party planning ideas for the ultimate casino night:
- Create poker chip invitations or, if you are hosting a fundraiser, flyers or promotional material in the shape of poker chips. Another option is to design them to look like a gaming table or like the key to a fancy Las Vegas hotel suite. The dress code should be tuxedos and evening dresses and any volunteers or help staff should dress like casino attendants.
- Low lighting and twinkling lights can add to the atmosphere and help recreate that Las Vegas look. Keep the colors red, black, white and green. Creative decor ideas could include using red balloons and green cardboard to emulate the red cherry signs on slot machines.
- Las Vegas is famous for its all-you-can-eat buffets, so you can easily recreate this with multiple food stations and a variety of offerings. Tables can be draped in poker table coverings, which are easy to make. Finger foods are also a great choice – think spicy chicken wings and dips.
- Poker chip cookies or decks of cards can be used as party favors.
- Fundraising activities apart from the usually gaming and entry fee could include an auction where guests “bet” on items rather than bidding on them. Guests can enter raffles by picking a playing card out of a bag. The marked cards win prizes.
- Don’t forget the cocktails! What’s a Vegas-themed event without some fancy drinks. More sophisticated corporate events can opt for a suave martini bar, while more informal parties might prefer a range of colorful cocktails. Be sure to make a signature house drink.
- For a twist on the casino theme, combine a murder mystery evening with a casino as the setting.
As you can see, there are a wealth of party planning ideas that can help you plan the perfect evening do. If you apply this type of thinking to other party themes, your party planning will be a breeze and all your guests will compliment you on a job well done. You can bet on it!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.